How many times have you wished that you could go along with your pup when you had to go out? This could be on a walk, a hike or a commuter train. As more people raise their dogs as part of the family, going together is becoming increasingly important. And, this is the reason behind the new product from Kurgo: The K9 Rucksack
What is The K9 Rucksack?
Well, imagine a backpack that was designed to safely carry your dog (cats are cool too)? You could just slip your pet into it, sling it on and just like that, you’re ready to go. That’s The K9 Rucksack.
Amazingly, this backpack style dog carrier merges function with style in the most awesome way. Clearly, a lot of thought was put into this and the aesthetics alone make it a must-have for pet owners.
So, if you work in a place that encourages you to bring your dog to work, then the K9 rucksack is the perfect way to do that. So that you don’t have to carry another backpack, it’s is built with a separate compartment for your laptop. There’s also a cool tablet sleeve and lots of other pockets for easy organization.
Features of the K9 Rucksack
Even though we’ve already mentioned a few features, there are way more features than we talked about. Below are some of the things that make the K9 rucksack so cool.
- Holds dogs up to 25 pounds ((CATCT) Cats are totally cool too!)
- DWR (Durable, Water-resistant) fabrics
- Water and muck proof Armor-sole™ bottom, just wipe clean
- Contoured shoulder straps and air mesh back padding
- Comfortable for longer hikes with a sternum strap
- Interior tether to keep a pet from jumping out
- Removable, machine-washable interior pad
- Interior swivel tether latches onto any harness to keep your dog secure
- Separate padded compartment for laptop (13″) with fleece lining
- Laptop compartment doubles as a water bladder slot for off tar trips (disclaimer: never put the bladder and laptop together!)
- Convenient tablet pocket (9.7″)
- Two utility loops, to hang your gear
- Integrated bottle opener (just in case!)
- Top grab handle
- Zipped organization pockets
Stuff We Like About the K9 Rucksack
You don’t have to be a pet owner to appreciate the genius (and awesomeness) of this product. Here are a few things that stood out for us.
- It’s made from breathable fabric. This is very important because you don’t want something that’s suffocating for the dog.
- Easy to clean. That goes without saying particularly if you’re going to be using it regularly.
- Removable machine washable interior pad. If there’s a dog (or cat) in it regularly, you’ll want to be able to wash it. We love that the creators thought about this.
- The laptop compartment. It would have been awkward to carry the K9 rucksack as well as a backpack or laptop bag. This makes it neater.
- Cute, roll up mesh window. So that the doggie isn’t left in the dark and can see the world outside.
It is clear that the folks behind the K9 rucksack know about dogs and love them (cats too).
So who are the People Behind the K9 Rucksack?
The creator of the K9 rucksack is Kurgo, which is a company owned by two dog-loving brothers. Kitter and Gordie Spater both grew up in Vermont with dogs. These two loved going together with their dogs and founded a company around that idea. They want to make it possible for you and your dog to GO TOGETHER.
And, the K9 rucksack is their way of ensuring that you do. Get to know more about this product by clicking on this link.
Industry: Product design